Porto maintained their stranglehold on the Portuguese topflight after clinching their 27th league title and third in a row following a 2-0 away win against Pacos de Ferreira on Sunday.
Argentine playmaker Lucho Gonzalez converted a 23rd minute penalty while Colombia’s Jackson Martinez double the lead in the second half to give Porto their 14th crown from the last 20 seasons.
Porto ended the campaign one point clear of second-placed Benfica who they beat in a crucial top-of-the-table clash last weekend.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 02:49 CET Scott once again wary of challengers for the top spot
- 00:25 CET Silver fern gives Adams the desire to keep on winning
- 23:33 CET Glazers to raise $150 million by cutting Manchester United stake
- 23:28 CET Copenhagen fans attacked in Kiev, match interrupted
- 23:02 CET Firestone a perfect place for Tiger to salvage season
- 22:47 CET Malaysian Formula E race postponed at PM’s request
- 22:15 CET Premier League to use vanishing spray from this season
- 22:14 CET Lukaku leaves Chelsea to join Everton in £28 million deal