The three men who were arrested on suspicion of murdering former Dutch Olympic volleyball player Ingrid Visser and her partner last week pleaded not guilty to all charges at their trial in Spain on Friday.
The couple disappeared May 13 after they checked into their hotel room in Murcia. Their remains were found buried in a lemon grove two weeks later following a business deal that is reported to have gone wrong.
Juan Cuenca Lorente, an ex-director of Murcia’s volleyball team, is the 36-year-old Spaniard who was arrested on Saturday along with two Romanians aged 47 and 60.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 21:46 CET Dunga names former team mates as Brazil assistants
- 21:44 CET Newcastle lead the Premier League jet-setters
- 21:28 CET Vorm, Davies to Spurs in Swansea swap for Sigurdsson
- 21:23 CET Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- 20:49 CET I’m not heading to PSG, says ex-Juventus boss Conte
- 20:47 CET Luxemburgo returns to coach Flamengo for fourth time
- 18:53 CET It’s a family affair for British Virgin Islands swimming team
- 18:51 CET Majka closes in on polka dot jersey as Nibali gains more ground