The three men who were arrested on suspicion of murdering former Dutch Olympic volleyball player Ingrid Visser and her partner last week pleaded not guilty to all charges at their trial in Spain on Friday.
The couple disappeared May 13 after they checked into their hotel room in Murcia. Their remains were found buried in a lemon grove two weeks later following a business deal that is reported to have gone wrong.
Juan Cuenca Lorente, an ex-director of Murcia’s volleyball team, is the 36-year-old Spaniard who was arrested on Saturday along with two Romanians aged 47 and 60.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 03:54 CET Hughes makes Australia case with one-day double ton
- 02:57 CET Open champion McIlroy not one to rest on his laurels
- 02:54 CET Australians head home to face U.S. challenge at PanPacs
- 02:52 CET No backhanded compliments for Federer from Edberg
- 01:04 CET PGA Tour commissioner and Woods hope for big 2014 finish
- 01:01 CET Lionheart McPherson takes 400 gold in Jamaica clean sweep
- 20:25 CET Sabella quits as Argentina coach – reports
- 19:50 CET Caterham F1 team and ex-employees in legal action