Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 16:36 CET Sri Lankan cycling team stopped by police on motorway
- 15:52 CET Feed maker probe after Queen’s horse fails drug test
- 15:49 CET South African gymnasts promise no sister sledging
- 15:21 CET Germany coach Loew to lead team to Euro 2016
- 15:11 CET Tendulkar factor adds to pressure on India’s Sindhu
- 14:50 CET Mourning Dutch postpone discussion on Russia World Cup
- 14:22 CET Sri Lanka ponder keeper change for second test
- 13:35 CET German lawmakers raise doubts about Russia hosting soccer World Cup