Manchester United’s legendary winger Ryan Giggs will embark an a new adventure next season after being appointed as a player-coach at the English Premier League champions.
The 39-year-old Welshman, who signed a one-year contract extension in March, will combine his new duties with being a member of the first-team squad.
Giggs is the most decorated player in English football with 13 League titles, four FA Cup winner’s medals and two Champions League crowns.
He turns 40 in November and next season will be his 23rd with the club.
Former United player Phil Neville was also appointed first team coach and with Giggs are the latest additions to new manager David Moyes’s backroom staff.
Former Everton boss Moyes was announced as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor in May.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:07 CET Lippi confident of Asian title defence for Guangzhou
- 01:23 CET Golden boy Bailey-Cole steps out of Bolt’s shadow
- 01:19 CET Bayern Munich goes Green for U.S. Tour
- 00:06 CET Van Gaal relishes task of emulating Ferguson at United
- 21:17 CET Moeen probed after sporting ‘Save Gaza’ wristbands
- 21:12 CET Judge rules tax fraud case against Messi will go ahead
- 20:31 CET New Old Trafford manager meant I was out, says Ferdinand
- 20:20 CET Bell recaptures form as England punish India