The US smartphone giant, Apple, has won a key case in a long running patent war against rival Samsung.
The US International Trade Commission upheld a 2011 decision that South Korea’s Samsung infringed Apple patents when producing mobile phones, media players and tablets.
The Commission has ordered a ban on imports of Samsung devices affected by the ruling.
Samsung said it was disappointed at the decision.
The ban is now on hold while US President Barack Obama reviews the decision within the next six months.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 19:45 CET BofA to pay $132 million in SEC case over Merrill CDO marketing
- 19:29 CET U.S. budget deal heads for tense vote in House
- 19:01 CET GM yet to reap full benefits of European alliance plans
- 18:55 CET American Air orders regional jets worth about $4 billion
- 18:53 CET General Motors sells Ally stake for $900 million
- 18:51 CET German court rejects former Deutsche Bank CEO’s bid to bar evidence
- 18:49 CET Peugeot unveils writedown, GM backing for Dongfeng deal
- 18:45 CET EU and Mercosur seek more time for trade proposals