The US smartphone giant, Apple, has won a key case in a long running patent war against rival Samsung.
The US International Trade Commission upheld a 2011 decision that South Korea’s Samsung infringed Apple patents when producing mobile phones, media players and tablets.
The Commission has ordered a ban on imports of Samsung devices affected by the ruling.
Samsung said it was disappointed at the decision.
The ban is now on hold while US President Barack Obama reviews the decision within the next six months.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Business
- 21:21 CET Balfour Beatty ends merger talks with Carillion
- 21:18 CET European court rules Russia must pay Yukos shareholders 1.9…
- 20:56 CET France’s Iliad makes $15 billion bid to take control of T-Mobile…
- 20:38 CET Shares off as Wall St. tumbles; dollar edges up
- 19:57 CET Vinci sees H2 slowdown, pays special dividend
- 19:52 CET Target names outsider as CEO after data breach
- 19:45 CET U.S. wage growth picking up as labour market tightens
- 19:31 CET France’s Iliad makes buyout approach for T-Mobile U.S.-Source