Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1World Judo Championships: Kelmendi and Ebinuma continue world dominance
- 2Judo World Championships: Kondo and Ganbat celebrate opening day wins
- 3François d’Haene wins Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc
- 4Man Utd’s woes continue, Bayern start with win and Ajax stumped at home
- 5Fans pay tribute to striker Ebosse
- 1Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 2Japanese company brings the beach lifestyle to business | euronews, world news
- 3Earth Overshoot Day arrives earlier as we consume too much | euronews, economy
- 4Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 5#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 6NATO: ‘Ready to deploy forces’ in response to all security challenges | euronews, world news
- 7Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 8US warns Russia that Ukraine aid delivery would be ‘viewed as an invasion’ | euronews, world news
- 9Renewing your driving licence within the EU | euronews, u talk
- 10Russian aid convoy is ‘direct invasion’ says Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 11Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target | euronews, space
- 12Elephants smell better | euronews, science
- 13At least 6 confirmed dead in Paris apartment blast | euronews, world news
- 14Wikimedia says taking a selfie is monkey business | euronews, world news
- 15Hundreds of Ukranian troops retreat across border to Russia | euronews, world news
- 16No candidates are likely to thwart Erdogan, says polling analyst | euronews, news
- 17Spain treats Europe’s first case of Ebola | euronews, world news
- 18Islamists seize border post between Syria and Israeli-occupied Golan Heights | euronews, world news
- 19Voting in Turkey’s Presidential election underway | euronews, world news
- 20Sephardic Jews eye return to Spain | euronews, reporter
Wires > Sport
- 15:57 CET Golf: Jacklin thrilled rookie Gallacher proved him wrong
- 15:54 CET Analysis – Premier League the biggest winner as talent pours in
- 15:35 CET Golf-Target man Poulter relishing Ryder Cup battle
- 15:33 CET World Cup winner Durm extends Dortmund deal to 2019
- 14:41 CET Clubs overlook Brazil in transfer market rush
- 14:40 CET Barca beaming, Real bickering over transfer dealings
- 14:36 CET McGrath to train next generation of Indian pace bowlers
- 14:35 CET Midfielder Schweinsteiger named Germany captain