euronews, international news channel
Euronews is as well as a full multimedia platform for viewers on the move. euronews covers world news and broadcasts 24/7 thirteen services: Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Persian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Euronews reaches 372 million households in 155 countries via cable, digital satellite and terrestrial windows. Euronews is the number 1 international news channel in Europe with more than 7 million viewers every day. Euronews is also the most watched channel amongst the European upmarket population.
euronews is recruiting
Assistant to our network of advertising agents (M/F)(Position reference number ASS/SALES)
Position Based in Paris (France) – Short Term Contract from the 10th of June to the 31st of October 2014.
Provide support to our network of advertising agents in the management of the TV/online advertising campaigns.
This position is to be filled within the Euronews sales subsidiary, which deals with a network of advertising agents from the following countries and regions: Central America, Southern America, Korea, Spain, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Russia, Turkey, Middle East, Nigeria, Indonesia, and the United-States.
- Manage TV/online advertising campaigns (bookings, follow-up of campaigns and post-production)
- Manage the clients database (ACT) /emailing
- Analyse/track advertising expenditure
- Schedule appointments with clients and agents
- Help to prepare advertising proposals to clients/media agencies
- Ensure administrative tasks (travel arrangements for the Director, scheduling of meetings, writing of letters...)
- Communicate on a regular basis with agents and clients based worldwide
Required level of studies: university degree in sales/international sales management
You have a successful experience of 3 or 4 years in a similar function, within a communications agency or media, or within advertising departments of international companies.
- You have a good knowledge of TV and its advertising environment.
- You are dynamic, motivated by the international environment and have a team spirit.
- You are meticulous, well-organized and you know how to handle figures.
- You are bilingual French/English, while another language would be an additional asset(Russian, Spanish, Arabic) You are computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet…) and you have a good knowledge of database software such as ACT
This position requires a strong team spirit and the desire to help the team optimise its direct revenue. Strong communications skills will be appreciated due to your daily contact with our various Euronews teams and our worldwide network of agents.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV in French or English), your expectations, together with the reference number of the position ASS/SALES, to Auriane Schwegler by email: email@example.com
FREELANCE BILINGUAL JOURNALISTS (Ref. JBR/EN)Mother tongue Russian
RUSSIAN native, you live in France and have kept strong relationships with your home land. Reporting directly to the duty editors and the heads of programmes, you will write and mix your stories, in compliance with the editorial guidelines of the channel. You will cover live events and occasionally translate speeches into Russian live on-air. Your on screen experience allows you to go live at any moment.
Having studied journalism, you have a strong experience in the audiovisual sector, an excellent general knowledge and in depth knowledge of international politics, sport, economics, European and cultural issues. You are bilingual English and/or French, while another European language would be an additional asset. You must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in TV journalism.
Able to react quickly, you can also work to tight deadlines, respond appropriately to unexpected developments and deal with the pressure of television news environment. EuroNews broadcasts 24 hours a day, so the job entails weekend and night shifts.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, expectations and photo), quoting the position reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Service des Ressources Humaines
BP 161 - 69131 Lyon